Thursday 10 October 2013

"షేర్ ఖాన్ అస్తమయం"

In these days, movies started to run only because of Artists like Kota, Bharani, Prakash Raj, Srihari, Nazar, Rao Ramesh, etc.

I feel elated at the fact that, even young actors like Rajeev Kanakala, Sunil, Subbaraju, Ajay, Shafi also proved themselves to be listed in this category.

Definitely one among the very few capable & true artists of Telugu cinema,
Srihari is an "impact-winning" actor.
(I don't use the word "award-winning" because it is merely a physical recognition - which I don't consider as the only measure for actor's strength).

Telugu Cinema had lost a true artist who had great, unexplored potential. He would have been a great treasure-like source of performance for writers, if he were alive.
I regret that Telugu writers could not use his potential to the fullest extent yet.

I always hoped for a Pouraanikam with artists like Srihari, Mohan Babu, Jr. NTR, Rana, Prabhas, Anushka and all the character artists I listed above.

I saw Srihari efficiently playing the roles of a clown, villain, comedy-villain, emotional police officer, responsible brother, a great friend and many more. 

When I saw the news, I immediately remembered his words at Magadheera audio function 
"I can retire after this film".
That one sentence shows that he is a pure artist.


"SHER KHAN"


When I watched Magadheera, I truly became a fan of 2 things -  
Rajamouli's work & the character "Sher Khan".

I felt the character "Sher Khan" in Magadheera similar to "Vibheeshana" (of Raamayana).

The dialogues of Sher Khan still echo in my ears..

* The scene where 
Sher Khan is impressed with the valour of Kala Bhairava and (as he gives a word to Randev Billa that he would help him) and the tears in his eyes reflect his helpless position,

* Sher Khan's respect for Kala Bhairava is displayed when he performs the Anthima samskaram to 
Bhairava's diadem.

* Though Sher Khan's dialogues show the end (Suryastamayam shown - symbolises the death) of Bhairava's character (followed by great BGM of M. M. Keeravani), they indicate the entry of the hero
immediately.

The character itself is epic-like. Its portrayal itself is a big task. 
Elevating that character needs lots of study and trials. 

Srihari's performance satisfies the audience with completeness of action and his dialogues not only beautify his own character but elevate Bhairava's character.

Its an uncompensated loss to Telugu movies. Nobody can replace Sher Khan aka Srihari.

May His Soul Rest in Peace.


1 comment: