Friday 9 May 2014

Harikatha - హరికథ

Dear all,

Its time for a typical Telugu summer! 

We Invite you to a 
Grand, magnanimous, 16-day Harikatha of

"Harikathaa Chakravarthy" & "Kathaagaana Kalaa Kovida"

Sri KOTA  SATCHIDAANANDA SASTRY Garu
on "MAHA BHAARATAM"

Professor G. S. N. Raju garu, Vice Chancellor of Andhra University, will Inaugurate the program on May 10th, i.e., Saturday.
Venue - Sri Krishna Vidya Mandir School, Dwaraka Nagar, Visakhapatnam.
Everyday (May 10th to May 25th) evening at 6PM.


I personally want to quote my own experiences with Harikatha here.. I was hardly 10 years old, when I first heard Harikatha. Thanks to my dad, it was Kota garu's. I remember, it was held in the open ground beside Siva Aalayam, Steel Plant, VSKP.

We had it for 21 days!! On Bhaaratam itself..

I was always interested in traditional arts like literature, music, naatakam, etc. According to my observation, Harikatha is a unique art form, which is a mixture of Music, Dance, Drama, Humour, Poetry, Literature, Philosophy and many more. In general, Any artform is independent of the others and it will have its own applications. But, Harikatha is a very tough, perhaps the most difficult form, because it is a mixture of many. 

It needs lots of expertise on many arts, viz., music, drama, humour, philosophy etc.

Kota Satcchidananda Sastry garu entertained my grand father's generation... He enlightened my father's generation (my dad heard many of his kathas, from the age of 10) and I'm very fortunate, to be able to see him in my younger days. 
I'm indebted to mom & dad forever, for having given me the Cultural Base, to be able to relish any art forms on par with them.

Thankyou dad, for letting me know what Harikatha is, at young age itself.

I request everyone reading this, to come for the harikatha and please show to your children what it is, what its value is.. 

Kota Garu is presently 80 years old.. He is the most Senior Harikathakulu presently, I guess.
We never know when we would get chance to hear him again. 

I should mention here, 
"Harikathaa Pitaamaha" 
Sri Ajjada Aadibhatla Naarayana Daasu garu.


We all just heard about him. But did not get chance to hear him.

Let us not make our children feel the same, in their future.

*Treat this as Personal Invitation. Bring your children for the program. 
*Let them see such an inspiring personality at young age.


Invitations:








No comments:

Post a Comment