Tuesday 22 November 2016

Balamurali Krishna - The Legend that Lives Forever

Irrecoverable Loss for Indian Music.
A Legend goes back to his origin, Goddess Saraswati Devi.

He is an ARTIST par excellence, par beauty, par comaprisions, par any humane calculations.

He is the one who can show you a Vishwaroopam along with the most innocent baby's giggle you might have ever heard.

Sri #BalamuraliKrishna Garu is a kind of person who doesn't just do his job (to sing) and walk off the stage.
He sits with you. He smiles at you. He questions you. He pampers you. He stirs your beliefs, mentalities, approaches and mindsets. 

Most astonishing & my favourite thing in him is that, *He ridicules rules* !! in the most Perfect way possible, Yet sounds So correct, so fine, so much IN IT !!
He is not a person. It is MAYA. His music is the Fly of his Maya, without Boundaries, just like Krishna Maya.
His music sets you free !!
It is poetry filled with the fragrance of Lord Krishna's Maya and decorated with his sweet Flute Vaadyam and that which speaks *Tatvaalu*.

One of his greatest contributions to the World is that,
He showed what all an Indian Classical Musician Could do with Music !!

It is so coincidental that I have posted my picture with him just a few weeks ago. I am blessed to have seen him Live for once, in my life!
I have grown up with his music. He was a big part of my life, my passion, my idea and definition of what "Art" is. I feel so proud for being an Indian Classical musician and extra proud of the fact that, He is a Telugu Vidwan.

One question that used to hit me (probably all of you would agree with me) and now it will hit me forever, is,
How couldn't #BharatRatna get attached to him even now?
However, His music is Vishwa Ratna, a Gem for the Universe itself, as I believe.

Remembering some of my most favourite works of his :
Nagumomu - Abheri,
Omkaaraakaarini - Lavangi,
Amma Ninu Korina Korikalu - Khamas,
Hari Rasama Vihaari - Hindola.

Tatvaalu :
Ninu Vidichi Undalenaya - Yadukula Kaambhoji
Emi Seturaa Lingaa - Saalaga Bhairavi.

All time Ever Green Film Songs :
Oogumaa Ooyala - Bhakta Prahlada
Aadi Anaadiyu Neeve Deva - Bhakta Prahlada
Salalita Raaga Sudha - Nartana Saala

Hopefully, whoever is reading this post, will goto Youtube immediately on your new tab and listen to some of these Gems!

Instead of hashtags #RIPBalamurali, let us choose to celebrate his ever-green music today !

#BalamuraliKrishnaLivesForever
#BalamuraliFanForever #MusicUnitesTheWorld #IndianMusic

- Sruthi Ravali Manda

3 comments:

  1. Very well written. Concised views n beautifully summarised about this great legend who has achieved un-parallel suceess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really bharata ratna diserves HIM

    ReplyDelete
  3. very apt presentation about him.

    ReplyDelete